Elco Laboratories meets and exceeds industry standard guidelines for responsible sustainability practices, and that diligence extends to our relationships with vendors, suppliers and even customers.
The purchasing of components and the formulation of products, the use of post-consumer content and recycled material and the management and disposal of waste are all carried out with the utmost respect for the environment.
We work closely with the Environmental Protection Agency's "Safer Choice" program*, a certification we are proud to feature on many of our products. Products with the Safer Choice label help consumers identify and select products with safer chemical ingredients, without sacrificing quality or performance.
Internally, we subject the materials we work with to very specific rules and regulations relating to waste and its disposal. Flammable liquid is used as a secondary fuel for an incinerator licensed for such use. The majority of scrap and packaging materials are recycled or returned to the vendor.
We actively work to expand and improve our green practices, and the quality of our products is never compromised. Agendas in place include:
- Recycling cardboard packaging
- Recycling plastic waste
- Recycling aluminum and steel aerosol cans
- Recycling lead batteries
- Recycling electronic devices
- Use of reclaimed product from the filling process
- Recycling wooden pallets
- Recycling steel, plastic and fiber drums
- Recycling both ferrous and non-ferrous metals from maintenance items
- Recycling office paper and publications
- Use of T8 and T5 efficient fluorescent lamps and occupancy sensors
- Use of explosion proof LED lighting in our fill rooms
- Use of electronic frequency drives for motors
- Use of computerized combustion analysis for burner control
- Use of air knives and air jets to reduce compressed air consumption
- Use of infrared thermography to identify heat build up or loss
- Formulate products that are VOC responsible
- Air monitoring at production facilities
- Reclamation of product and propellant
- Line scheduling to reduce scrap
- Use of nitrogen blanketing to reduce emissions
- Use of floating roof tanks to reduce VOC emissions
*EPA/Safer Choice recognition does not constitute endorsement of these products. The Safer Choice logo signifies that the products’ formulas, as CA Acquisition has represented it to the EPA, contain ingredients with more positive human health and environmental characteristics than conventional products of the same type. EPA/Safer Choice relies solely on CA Acquisition, its integrity and good faith, for information on the products’ composition, ingredients and attributes. EPA/Safer Choice has not independently identified, that is, via chemical analysis, the ingredients in the products’ formula, nor evaluated any of CA Acquisition's non-ingredient claims. EPA/Safer Choice provides its evaluation only as to the products’ human health and environmental characteristics, as specified in the Standard and based on currently available information and scientific understanding.